Did you know:
Over 60 million people worldwide choose WordPress to create their websites.
DIY WordPress: Getting Started
- Decide on a fitting domain name.
- If you’re just getting started, think about the words you’d like to rank for and preferably choose a top-level domain if it’s available.
- Decide on a hosting plan and make sure it includes back-ups and meets your functionality requirements, traffic estimates and long-term goals.
- Determine if you require e-Commerce features, managed WordPress hosting or cloud solutions. Understand the level of complexity in your website (i.e. online shop vs simple company profile)
- Consult Paradise Engineering for brand direction and digital marketing assistance.
Domains & Hosting:
GoDaddy is the most popular domain registrar and generally has very competitive prices but here is a link to the top hosting companies with the most South African clients and affordable hosting.
Why selecting the right host is important:
- Performance — Your host affects the speed and reliability of your store, which can have a huge impact on your bottom line.
- Uptime — A quality hosting provider should work hard to ensure your site experiences little to no downtime because a broken site can result in lost sales.
- Security — It’s paramount to ensure the safety of your customers’ personal data so your web host should have a reputation for security.
- Support — When you’re running an online store, you want to know that you can get answers when you need them.
SSL & Security:
Visit ZERO SSL for FREE SSL Certificates and FREE SSL Tools for your website
Watch: Video Resources on SSL
Best Online Resources for Learning WordPress:
Starting a blog or an online shop in 2019. Here are some helpful guides on how to DIY your own online shop.
Steps by Step Shop for WordPress Beginner:
Learn: How to Start an online store
- How to Register a Domain Name for Free
- How to Choose the Best WooCommerce Hosting
- How to Get an SSL Certificate for Free which is required for accepting payments
- How to Install WordPress
- How to Create a WooCommerce store
- How to Add Products in your Online Store
- How to Select and Customize Your Theme
- How to Extend Your Online Store with Plugins
- Learning to Learn WordPress & Grow Your Business
While there are lots of hosting options, SiteGround is our preference because their support is amazing.
Use our referral link for a discount and we’ll earn a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Read More: WooCommerce Hosting Solutions
Related: WordPress backup plugin comparison
Watch: State of The Word on WordPress.tv